The following interventions relate to U3A Moorleigh’s management of the current pandemic. Our plan follows the Victorian Government guidelines (www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au), and is designed to keep members safe and reduce infection. Each member must take personal responsibility to help ensure a continued safe environment.
Revision 6 – June 2021
(1) If you are unwell, particularly with a cough, sore throat or fever (37.5C & over), do not attend
class. Visiting U3A Moorleigh acknowledges that you have not knowingly been in contact with
an infected person & you are not awaiting Covid test results.
(2) Use the main Bignell Road entrance to the Barry Neve Wing (side doors are locked) and
obey signage advising a social distance of 1.5m.
(3) Wear a fitted mask & use the hand sanitizer provided when entering any building & on
leaving any room. If you have a medical exemption to wearing a mask, do not put yourself &
others at risk – stay home!
(4) A volunteer will monitor members’ entry to the Barry Neve Wing & assist you with scanning
the U3A Moorleigh QR code (Services Victoria app) or at the electronic QR Check-In Kiosk
outside Reception (for those without a smartphone). Classes in the Chris Koutoumas Wing
(Strength Training) will be scanned/signed into the Mi-Care QR Code/Register in that room.
All visitors to any Moorleigh Community building must be recorded.
(5) Each class attendance roll is maintained by the class monitor & returned to Reception at
the end of class.
(6) Maximum room capacity is noted on each door (as per government guidelines). Please use
marked or alternate seats & desks to maintain the 1.5m minimum social distance.
(7) Bring your own fluids since use of the kitchen is discouraged.
(8) At the end of any class, the monitor will spray disinfectant on the used tables & chairs;
please assist by lightly wiping over these surfaces & leaving them to air dry. Sanitise your
hands after this procedure.
(9) Avoid sharing equipment (eg, pens). Disinfect shared items after use (products supplied).
(10) Members are responsible for disinfecting any public area used (eg, toilet flush buttons,
taps, door handles, etc). This is at Glen Eira Council’s request & a sanitizing station (brown
bucket, disinfectant & paper towels) is provided near the U3A office for you to use.
(11) Please leave the building promptly & do not loiter.
(12) Any health concerns will be reported to DHHS, Glen Eira Council & U3A Moorleigh
Committee of Management.
(13) Any compliance breaches may risk your membership.