The following interventions relate to U3A Moorleigh’s management of the current pandemic. Our plan follows the Victorian Government guidelines (www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au), and is designed to keep members safe and reduce infection. Each member must take personal responsibility to help ensure a continued safe environment.
Revision 8 – Oct 2021
(1) Any member or volunteer wanting to attend indoor classes and offices MUST be fully vaccinated and agree that their vaccination status can be recorded with U3A Moorleigh administration. We are an “at-risk” group and a medical exemption will not be accepted.
(2) If you are unwell, particularly with a cough, sore throat or fever (37.50C & over) DO NOT attend class. Visiting U3A Moorleigh acknowledges that you have not knowingly been in contact with an infected person and you are not awaiting Covid test results.
(3) When entering any building at Moorleigh Village you MUST scan the QR code (Service Victoria app) or be electronically registered by a volunteer.
(4) Use the main Bignell Road entrance to the Barry Neve wing (side doors are locked) and obey the signage advising a social distance of 1.5m.
(5) Wear/carry a fitted mask. If you have a medical exemption from wearing a mask do not put yourself and others at risk, but stay home. Use the hand sanitizer provided when entering any Moorleigh Village building and when leaving any room.
(6) A separate attendance roll will be maintained by each class monitor & returned to reception at the end of class.
(7) Maximum room capacity is noted on each door (complying with government guidelines). Please use alternate seats & desks to maintain the 1.5m social distance.
(8) Bring your own fluids – use of the kitchen is discouraged.
(9) At the end of each class, the monitor will spray disinfectant on all used tables & chairs. Class member’s please assist by lightly wiping over these surfaces & leaving them to air dry. Sanitise your hands after this procedure. Open windows & leave doors open at the end of class to improve ventilation.
(10) Avoid sharing equipment (eg, pens). Disinfect shared items after use with the products supplied.
(11) Members are responsible for disinfecting any public areas used (eg, toilet flush buttons, taps, door handles, etc). This is at Glen Eira council’s request, and a sanitizing station (brown bucket, disinfectant & paper towels) is provided near Reception for your use.
(12) Please leave the building promptly and do not loiter.
(13) Any health concerns will be reported to DHHS, Glen Eira council and U3A Moorleigh Committee of Management.
(14) Any compliance breaches may risk your membership.